The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you ?

Where were you during 9-11, 5 years ago..
I was then working for my present company.. right after 9-11 in 5 months I was retrenched by this company, directly or indirectly affected by 9-11 I am not sure. But the bubble did burst back then...

I remember seeing 9-11 on television as I walked into my Uncle's house, where there was a gathering of my uncles and aunts, as they usually do. I saw the TV switched on, to what seemed to be like scene from the movie ID4 (Independence Day 4), it looked all to movie-like to be Real TV. As i watched, I was struck in awe and terror of the destruction... Tower 1 had already fallen.. and soon I was watching Tower 2 fall. During this date, it would seem like the most horrendous criminal and terrorist act (especially with the dawn of the new millenium) had just been committed. Yet, no one really thought what triggered this act of "terrorism". Did "sanctioned terrorism" beget "unsanctioned terrorism"? More money has been spent in search of terrorist, than to meet the basic needs of human beings, much less the human spirit.

My whole family, watched the tube, transfixed, as if hypnotised by this box of semiconductors and glass... I guess, it was REAL TV.. For me, it was my first real observation of how oppression can turn people to do the things that they do.

Whether fanaticism was the cause of it, or capitalism, human beings have lost sight of what is real and what is not. It seems like a never ending cycle of tit for tat. Our purposes seem to be for ourselves and self satisfaction, "As long as I believe it's right.. then I am right".. one can argue follow my god and we'll have peace, yet in a confused day and age, there are just too many gods and interpretation of god. How do we choose?

I believe in God, who came to give us peace.. I believe in God who does not sit afar as if uninvolved.. I believe in God who seeks to draw us back to our purpose in life, Our purpose is of unabated, unrestricted, uninhibted worship of God and not of self.

Many unbelievers and so-called believers have a warped sense of purpose in life, gotten our roles confused between God and self.. it all goes back to the age old verse in Genesis in which the deceiver tempted the heart of man...

"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

We can argue, that the thirst for knowledge is paramount, yet what is knowledge of good and evil, good for when the brain and body withers. The body will perish, death is inevitable, yet, we are created by God in His image, and we will live forever, in spirit.

My heart goes out to those who died during this tragedy, for those who knew Him, they spend eternity with Him. For their families, I pray that they bear no hatred but forgiveness and love. Love should open our eyes to life. Live life to the fullest, as He has purposed it in our lives... for the tempter and deceiver came to steal,kill and destroy all that we have even our immortal lives. An unknown author coined an anecdote states, "We're busy doing the devil's work, that he'll soon be out of the job" and that is precisely what we've been reduced to. Our war is not meant to be waged in the physical world, but in the spiritual realm. God had not intended us to fight each other but to live in peace. Yet, it is the folly of "you can be like God", that each of us seeks, when we think by turning to ourselves for peace. What if we find what is inside us is without peace? Self seeking peace is in itself still selfishness.

For those who are alive today but dead in their spirit, I pray that they will come to the full knowledge of the life giver, and experience peace..

So, where am i today? Where are you today? ...

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At September 11, 2006 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    at the back of the class, observing conduct for the Nth time. sigh ...

     
  • At September 11, 2006 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, u mean my soul? wait, i gotta go look for it first

     
  • At September 11, 2006 4:05 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    soul searching eh?

     
  • At September 11, 2006 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Today I am feeling better than yesterday because I can taste my foodies now. Yaaay!

    But on a serious note, your blog entry reminded me of the sobering event that took place not so long ago. And how fleeting life is.

     
  • At September 12, 2006 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, did some soul searching and found this quote - Bush and bin Laden are really on the same side: the side of faith and violence against the side of reason and discussion. Both have implacable faith that they are right and the other is evil. Each believes that when he dies he is going to heaven. Each believes that if he could kill the other, his path to paradise in the next world would be even swifter. The delusional "next world" is welcome to both of them. This world would be a much better place without either of them.
    "The Atheist", by Gordy Slack

     
  • At September 12, 2006 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was at home, it was semester break and i was watching TV.

    Isnt it amazing that we remember 9-11 but not so many other tradegies and killing?

    Annie

     
  • At September 12, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    Precizely vat the newspapers have posted today.. and Precizely also my thots as I wrote this yesterday

    USD 8 Billion spent on searching for OSB, yet, country is still in debt, poverty still exists, fear still grips them.. super power indeed.. more like super scareds

     
  • At September 12, 2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and preciseky what Pyjamas & PJ discussed yesterday.

     
  • At September 13, 2006 1:56 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    One of the simplest quotes that I've heard in movies regarding the devil was "Devil's Advocate" when Al Pacino, closed the movie with "Vanity, my favourite sin"

    is so true.. heh heh heh

    And it is obsession of self, to an unhealthy level which can tear us down.. yet vanity is so subtle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home