The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Motivation : Journal Entry 11th Feb 2009

My church DUMC (Dream Centre) has embarked on a journey to encourage it's members to Journal on a daily basis. As leader's we've started since January 1st 2009, I have my entries here and there. But as of today... I've decided to write it into Word. So I've become more verbose.. instead of writing with paper and pen ( I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome that makes it hard to write)

here's my entry for Today. I'll try to upload as I go along.. take care

My Motivation, 11th February 2009

SCRIPTURE
Matt 6: 1:24 : Verse 6, 7
But when you pray go into your room, close the door and pray that your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
And when you pray, do not keep babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

OBSERVATION
Jesus speaks in the whole chapter about
Giving, Prayer, Fasting & Rewards (Treasures in Heaven)
He speaks to us about all these things in succession. But in the first 3 segments deals with our conscience/motivation in what we do. Giving, Prayer & Fasting. All 3 sections speaks about receiving rewards. And these rewards are received in relationship with Christ.
The result of this relationship will be a great reward in Heaven, it is built upon the motivation of our BEING. Not the DOING of the 3 actions which can be outwardly seen.


APPLICATION
When I see this in my life and the life of others, I am reminded about being too verbose in my prayers to those around. I am reminded to pray accurately so that the recipient of the prayer, will catch on to the promises in their life.
In Giving, I must be recognize my motivation to give is not for my glory, but to bless and that my heart to be soft. Hence if people see it and praise me, it is for my glory. If they can see this as an outpouring of my own life (submitted to Christ), all the Glory is His. My choice to share this with people, must be a selected group of people who are mature enough to recognize the sharing
The same goes for fasting, it may not be apparent that I am fasting, that it must be life changing and transforming to me. That the Lord and I are connected more closely in our relationship.
My reward is not something to be EARNED, but to be received because of my relationship I have with my heavenly Father.


RESPONSE
Dear Lord,
Thank you for being my Father. That you know the importance of growing deep in you. Teach me each day to surrender my life and receive because You give freely. Let my motivation in my life to be a building experience for me first, because A pure & repentant heart is what you desire of me. Let my motivation be only to please you and not people.
Let my motivation to please you build my life to impact others. Thank you Lord.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2009 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done Paul. Little by little everyday, in everywhere, Jesus is changing you & me.

    Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home