The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Monday, April 06, 2009

Journal Entry 6th April 2009 : Miracle or Miracle Maker?

Scripture
John 12:9
Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead

Observation:

I seem to be asking myself about my motivation and people's motivation. Even today I asked about what's our motivation in evangelism. Do we seek it for our Glory, God's Glory, for ppl to love us or for God's love towards them?
We must be careful not to be overzealous in sharing God's word that it becomes offensive. Yes, God's word is not offensive, it's us who makes His word offensive. If something is offensive, it should be our delivery, or a hard heart.
Anyway, people came to see the miracle maker (Jesus) , or the miracle (Lazarus) or both. How often are ppl enthralled by a flashy show? How often are we?

It's just like today we seek the gift and not the giver... How do we as His ppl remind ourselves of this important fact and motivation.
I see the difference in
a. Lazarus, Mary & Martha had a relationship with Jesus
b. The ppl who came to watch the spectacle did not..

At the same time it is an attraction factor.. an invitation to get to know Him.. and not just stand there to be enthralled. Walk into God's presence and expect a touch from Him.

Application:

I must see beyond the gifts and things I've received from Him. I must build this relationship with Him. That even as "miracle" after miracle that I experience with Him, is enough evidence of a wonderful God. And how it can be a testimony to invite them into this marvelous relationship with Him. My life motivation, must be simple pure and easy to understand, that they will be drawn to my wonderful Lord Jesus Christ

Response:
Just a closer walk with thee, grant this Jesus is my plea, daily walking close to thee.. Let it be dear Lord let it be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home