The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Saturday, February 14, 2009

He is ever-Willing but is my faith?, My Journal Entry for 14th February 2009 & Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is here.. how am I celebrating it.. of course with my wife.. but not in the way people usually would.

Well let's begin with what happened this morning.
I woke up at 5am this morning.. and went back to sleep..
The 2nd time I woke up, I awoke with a start at 530am, because a phone call came in. "Where's the key.. what's the combination?".. Yes I completely forgot that I was due to replace Steven (Head of Crew) for JOurnaling Duty this morning. And I had the keys to the amplifier room. No one else had it :0

HORROR of HORRORS as Pr Daniel would say..
I whisked my keys, didn't comb my hair (oppss. WHAT HAIR!?!?!) , didn't brush my teeth.. and was still in my shorts and tees.. drove from BU4 to DC.. It took me 7 minutes .. with Traffic lights.. but I didn't really speed anyway.

But when I reached church with the keys to the amp room, ppl told me that Melvin had already come and started up everything. Thank God for that..

Anyways.. Emily and I are at home right now.. preparing to spend Valentine's day today.. teaching kids.. World Teach's Material : Walk Through The Old Testament... at Dream Centre. So we're leaving in about 2 hours time :P

Here's the journaling I just wrote... I didn't write in Church because I was too flustered about the whole morning incident.

Scripture
Matt 8:1-17 .Verse 10
When Jesus had heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him “ I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith”

Observation
Jesus was ASTONISHED! How can the King of Kings be surprised?
But that the Centurion, who didn’t acknowledge Jesus as Christ, knew the position of power that Jesus came from and the realm of His influence (as he drew from his own experience).
Truly it is because of the faith the Centurion had and the “revelation” that he had of Jesus’ authority.
He knew that because his men followed instructions because they were under his command, so he drew the analogy that part of Jesus’ realm of influence was healing and deliverance, he knew that Jesus could do what he said he would do.

Application

Would we ever astonish Jesus? But since we are in Jesus, He in turns will astonish me when I have faith and see that it will come to pass because He wills it. Earlier Jesus said “I am willing”. Jesus is actually ever-willing for His power to be displayed on earth. His power to astonish us, to show to us He is king, but most of all that He is our savior

Response

Lord I pray for faith to rise up and swell up within me. That many will be astonished (including myself) to the wonders You display. Let me be a conduit of your love and in faith believe for the salvation of many. Yes .. ONE THING IS IMPORTANT… CHOOSE TO BE WITH YOU! Amen.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home