The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Friday, February 13, 2009

Watch Out for Yourself, Stick Close to Him : Journaling Entry 13th Feb 2009

Scripture
Matt 7:15-29 . Verse 15
Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.


Observation
In this day and age where the availability of the internet and connectivity and mobility, we can see that increasingly that more & more people are becoming “pastors”, “prophets”, “apostles”.
It’s (Internet & Connectivity)availability & ease of use makes becoming a leader is so easy that they control people (spread the word) and making audacious claims about God.
How in this generation are people protecting themselves, educating themselves when “freedom” of perspective is abused? Guided by one’s own belief without a pure relationship with God.
Much can be said about this topic, because “to each his own” is a phrase used too often in the “religious” circles. Making us less caring towards one another.

Application
In my journey as a cell leader, husband, business owner. I have to be watchful, walk close to God. Not allow myself to be full with “knowledge”, pride or self righteousness. Not unwittingly become a false prophet.
I need to walk this journey with my cell members, my fellow leaders, my wife and keep a safe boundary between different persons so that my heart is guarded. Surround ourselves with Godly counsel and stick close to God.

Response
Lord I pray that today, my heart be renewed and reconfigured to do what I planned to do in Your holy and perfect will. Speak each day in Your word to me to guide me to what’s BEST that You have for me so that I may not be swayed nor fall into temptation. Bring the people that are right into my own life. Where there be “wolves in sheep clothing” may I bring your presence so that they can be turned into “sheep who know your voice” May their realization for the need of You be concluded in their life. Give me wisdom to share with them in Love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home