The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Monday, April 13, 2009

Journal Entry 12 April 2009 : Easter Sunday, You Call me by NAME!

Scripture

Mk 16:7
7But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "

Observation:

I find that as I have read this scripture and heard it being read so many times.. it's a bit dry to me. but, I have a question.. why say " Disciples and Peter" ? What is that distinction that the angel was saying? Is it perhaps a special reminder for Peter about his self-abdicated state of leadership amongst the disciples?

Peter must've still been grieving in guilt. And this was the beginning of his reinstatement.

Addendum: As I drove "silently" in my car this morning (Yes the Radio was OFF)..
I thought more about what I had journalled. These were "women" who delivered these message to the disciples and Peter. Why do we say "women".. in the context of Jewish culture at that time as we know.. women were regarded as only good for bearing children raising them and menial work. I also do believe that it shows how as Mark included the women as an important role of testimony in the lives of the early disciples and Christians. Their testimony meant something. It was probably hard for most of the disciples to believe their testimony, but Peter & John must have responded urgently as they were seen RUNNING to the tomb later in the gospels.

Thank God for women who help men believe!


Application:


God continues to share his care for Peter, as he does each day for all of us. As His children who may have strayed, said the wrong thing to offend someone, to lie, to deny truth etc etc. He says.. come back all's fine. Just don't do it again..
I need to continue to seek God as my forgiving saviour, who reinstates me and learn from these daily mistakes. He neither condemns me, nor does he want to be separate from me.

Response:

Lord thank you for being just you! For loving me, loving us so dearly, that you call me by NAME!
You've restored our dignity and our position as your men and women of faith!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home