The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Saturday, November 07, 2009

New Hope Sermon: Ask What not Why..

Below is the notes for the sermon i just listened to.. I pray that we as the Body of Christ will continue to follow these basic principles of living..

Listen&Watch to the sermon here


My 3 take home points
a. Not let our education become a religion, but let it become a revelation for our relationship
b. Who am I when I am in a different and unfamiliar situation. My relationship will determine who I am when I am in a different place
c. Ask God "What you want me to do?" not "Why does this happen to me?" in every situation.

Saul: God's Interruptions


"And it came about that as he journeyed, he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?'" (Acts 9:3-4)


# Pay attention to SIMPLE reminders.
"And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me ... 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'" (Acts 26:14)

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin ..." (Zech. 4:10 NLT)

# Change is from the INSIDES.
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. Even so you too outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." (Matt. 23:27-28)

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me ..." (Gal. 2:20)

# When God prompts a change, ask WHAT not WHY.
"And I answered, 'Who art Thou, Lord?' And He said to me, 'I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you are persecuting.' ... And I said, 'What shall I do, Lord?' And the Lord said to me, 'Arise and go on into Damascus; and there you will be told of all that has been appointed for you to do.'" (Acts 22:8-10)

"And Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, 'Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much.'" (Luke 19:8)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home