The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Friday, September 03, 2004

Fear, Perfect Love & Faith

This may seem off tangent to what I usually write about. I've been writing about the things that I've been doing and experiencing. Today I share a testimony and the things I am moving on to...

2 verses I'd like to share

  • 1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
  • Heb 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

I do not profess to be an expounder of these verse, but more of how these verses have impacted my life thus far.

Fear & Perfect Love: July 2001 - Bible Study with Senior Pastor Book of 1 John

I must confess I don't remember much about the Bible study. The lack of revision of which I am guilty of. Nevertheless it was one of the least places where I'd expect God to speak to me. Well, in my mind, "Bible Study ~ Didactic learning and nothing more!"

God just hit me with a lightning bolt about a situation which I was going through. I was going through a situation where I still had feelings for my ex-girlfriend. I had ideas of wanting to get back with her, but she was already in a relationship that seemed impossible to come through. I lived in fear that she'd never take me back. I lived being bound by these feelings I had for her. But God in His great mercy zapped me with a lightning bolt of realization. I wanted to experience "perfect love" in all aspects of my life, with God, with my brethren, with my family, my future wife and kids. And here I was living in "fear". God just zapped me then, "You want 'perfect love'? Don't fear! Your fear is punishing you. "

And with that realization, God started to bring me back into that right relationship with Him. Because in Him I have nothing to fear. The complete healing did not happen till Oct 7, 2001, which is just another story. But God is merciful and faithful, and He's not a "quick-fix-it" guy, He wants to make sure that we see and appreciate the healing process. God is definitely GOOD!

Faith

This is not something new, but something I am learning more and more about. Often time I find myself as a "people pleaser" and what does that say about my relationship with God? I should daily be a "God pleaser" because nothing else in this world should matter more than my relationship with God. And from the outflow of my relationship with God will come forth an expression of His love to those around me. I do not need to please people, but I need to love His people.

God is definitely pleased when we have faith in Him. To have faith in Him is to completely trust Him in every aspect of our lives. It doesn't not however mean that we should have a "giving up" kind of attitude. But a seeking kind of attitude, to long after His ways, and that God who is loving and compassionate, wants the best for us.

For God's ways are definitely above ours and He's loving and wants to "surprise" us with His love and gifts over and over again! He's just showing us glimpses of the joy that we will experience when we meet Him face to face in Heaven. Imagine the little joys that we have today are just glimpses of what we will experience in Heaven.

Jehovah is such a loving Father, Jesus our Brother and the Holy Spirit our Helper. And yet all 3 are one. Amazing, can't wait to meet them face to face!

Therefore, I wanna grow in faith, because I want to "be sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see. " *Heb 11:1

It is a new paradigm for me to implement. I wonder if my understanding is flawed :P.. but this is an area I wanna grow in. So far these are the 2 points I can think of :

  • I do not yet see the things God has planned for me, but by faith I am certain that He's gonna take care of it and bring me there.
  • I hope to have a great relationship with my family, and by faith I am sure God's gonna mould me into a great father, like He is. I need to learn. Lay the foundations now, Build the Framework and Remain Focused. *Taken from YA Camp 2004.

The list should grow.. :D So do pray for me dear brothers and sisters in Christ.. The Lord Bless You Abundantly!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home