The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

MCCC : Why I'm Not Going? Justified.. but feeling guilty still :p

13th MCCC is starting tomorrow.. and somehow this year.. I'm not really feeling the "vibe" or excitement for it.. at the same time I feel guilty for not going, and excited at what I'm gonna be doing instead of it.

Mixed feelings I guess.

Why am I not going?

Well, I promised Emily that I'd go with her for a Khildren's Kamp in Kampar.. (oh no.. KKK) not good not good.. ;) *corny joke*

Emily's teaching I'm her bodyguard, projector guy, computer guy, guitarist, bouncer (is it the same as bodyguard?), porter, musician, backup singer, PA guy and everything else I need to be :)

I'm glad I'm going because it continues to teach me how to address children and work with them.

I guess why .. i'm having mixed feelings is because I've attended most if not all the MCCCs eversince I've joined DUMC. I'm going to miss being part of this yearly event where we host delegates in our church and share with them the successes we've had with Cell Church Structure and the things to avoid when implementing a cell church structure.

I guess it's a tradition for me.. but traditions have a numbing effect on our lives.. so this year probably it's good for me to be away. I can get the DVDs I think of all the plenary sessions and hope to glean from them.

Not that we've made it, but as Pr Daniel shared, we have a call from God to share this. And we continue to share it, and continue to be a blessing to others.
I wouldn't say MCCC or Cell Church is our niche (in fact there are many churches who are doing it successfully), but I do believe that MCCC gives us a platform to share and network with different people from different churches. It reminds us even when we feel stale.

I want to encourage those from DUMC who feel stagnat or stale to continue to serve and wait with an expectant heart when you attend this year's MCCC (even for the years to come)...

But, you know I won't be there this year, but I remain an ardent supporter of Manchester United.. err.. sorry.. Cell Church.. for it has worked for me.. without the Cell I would not have returned to the Lord properly. :P

So now... that I've said my piece/peace.. I don't feel guilty anymore :) YAY!
I look forward to this Friday's cell, as we host some of the MCCC delegates during cell visitation. It's gonna be a great time of worship and sharing.

Cell runs as per normal, but with VISITORS.. and I hope the cell members won't be "acting" hahaha
Let's be OURSELVES!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home