The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My Father, Your Father, Our Father!

I was went for morning prayer this morning at 5am. Went there to set up the Stage Console (i.e sound mixer etc) for the Worship Team. Was quite blur this morning, but I was woken up with a notion or perspective of prayer which I knew about a long time ago, but it only really sank in well today... this is what I have learnt this morning... please share with me what you think and share that others may be edified!

Preparatory Reading : Ps121

Before we proceeded in a time of singing songs of worship, Pastor Chris shared the beginning of the Lord's Prayer

Mat 6:9
"This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,"

along with Ps 121:1-2

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD , the Maker of heaven and earth.

What is so awesome about the Lord's prayer.. is that we FIRSTLY acknowledge that; God is OUR Father.

It is really a great reference point in the start of our prayers.

  1. Recognise that we have a Father, and He created us in His image. Often times, and as the world does it, we create God in our image.
  2. By having God as our Father, we can rest assured that His fathering heart is ever ready to bless us according to our needs when we ask of Him
  3. He's behind us all the way!
  4. God is the object of our prayer and not the things we ask for, because He's the giver. He's our help! Ps 121: 1-2

When we pray we are not making a feeble prayer, but we pray with power and affirmation, because Jesus is interceeding with us. Because when

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them" : Matt 18:20

He's agreeing with us when we ask in faith, in spirit and in truth. Therefore it is scriptural to pray together in agreement with one another.

Our prayers are not based on the fact of how strong we pray, but with the conviction and faith in God who is able to make the difference. God can make the difference.

So remember, God is my Father, He's your Father and He's our Father. He can make the difference. We just pray and and agree with Jesus as we pray to the Father.

3 Comments:

  • At September 22, 2004 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie Kok C.F said…

    agree..agree..agree..
    He is our BIG daddy,
    Our daddy tht comfort us and knows our heart.
    Prayer = 2 Way Communication..
    He is our awesome Daddy!!

     
  • At September 22, 2004 10:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie Kok C.F said…

    agree..agree..agree..
    He is our BIG daddy,
    Our daddy tht comfort us and knows our heart.
    Prayer = 2 Way Communication..
    He is our awesome Daddy!!

     
  • At October 05, 2004 12:39 PM, Blogger cy77 said…

    Good article Paulos! yes, will try to remember that: he is our father,

    however this happens to me:

    he is our father, he is our father, he is our father, he is our father, he is our father, he is our father, ............

    ***BAD PATCH in life, stress, danger, a lot of 'danger' ***

    where's my father, where's my father, where's my father, where's my father, where's my father, where's my father, ......

    **pray pray pray pray pray****

    our father in heaven....

    repeat from top!

    hahaha.. just an illustration

     

Post a Comment

<< Home