The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

And The Saga Ends

Was sent on a Wild Goose chase yesterday and today. Well not that wild, but a waste of time lah.
Yesterday I went with my buddy, colleague and cell member Chee Seng to the Taman Tun Police Station to clear the fine. So I presented my summons and a letter of appeal to reduce the compound imposed.

The officer in charge said

"Di sini kami tak boleh meluluskan rayuan bagi mengurangkan kompaun. Awak kena pergi ke Balai Polis Jalan Tun HS Lee jikalau awak hendak membuat rayuan. Kompaun untuk kesalahan lalu lintas sebegini adalah RM70 sahaja. Kalau awak tak mahu membuat rayuan awak boleh bayar kompaunnya di sini. Kalau rayuan diluluskan semestinya kurang-lah."

Translation :
We can't approve your letter of appeal to reduce your compound. You will have to got to the Police Station in Jalan Tun HS Lee in KL. For a traffic offence such as yours, the compound should be RM 70 without any appeal. You can pay your compound here for RM70 without any appeal. If you go submit your letter for appeal you will definitely get a reduction in the compound imposed.

So naturally, I thought, I'd go down to KL tomorrow during lunch and get my letter of appeal submitted. So my good friend Chee Seng said, "That's a good idea and you can ask your boss for some time off to do this lah."

So I resolved to go down to KL the following day. (i.e. today)

So I went down to KL today during lunch by LRT. I reached the police Station at approximately 130pm. Went to the Appeals room, but no one was to be found at the desk/counter. A few of us were waiting there to submit our letter of appeal. Then the officer came (about 20 minutes later) and took his seat. Then he tells us that appeals for parking, accidents, etc are not eligible for appeal.

So needless to say that I made the trip down to KL for nothing. I paid the compound of RM70 in the end.

Imagine I had 2 police officers (the "Summoner" (officer issuing the summons) and the officer at the Taman Tun Police Station) who told me I could make an appeal.

Well so some time was wasted, travel cost... so all in all i actually paid more going down to KL to make an appeal for the summons.

Lesson Learnt: Don't get a summons. ha ha ha

Proof of Purchase : One Illegal Parking Spot



5 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2004 2:32 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    We'll remember to park in a legal parking spot when we go back there in 2 weeks time, yeah. ;)
    Wanna buy "nombor ekor" from the receipt number? Hehe..

     
  • At October 20, 2004 3:34 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    Gracie : Transparency ;)
    Ha ha.. since I don't have a digital camera to put any pic on my blogsite, so whatever comes my way I'll scan lar.. *grouses of a camera-less blogger*

    Tatty : If you buy 4D, and you win, belanja me lar.. or buy me a digital camera. ha ha ha. Yeah we'll go back there in 2 weeks time.

     
  • At October 21, 2004 6:13 PM, Blogger surfgod said…

    Yes. I agree. Don't get a summons. My first summons was a double whammy. I had 2 summonses my first time cos' I left my bike parked on the pavement at Pertama Complex about 2 months ago. It was cheap though. If you really really wanna get a summons, get in on a bike. Ha ha ha ha ha!

     
  • At October 29, 2004 3:13 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    Apa ni Zaman Saman kah?

    Yahkid also kena saman recently. Eh, don't lar have to symphatise with me and then kena saman also!

    FOr offences such as obstruction, illegal parking, cutting red light or cutting queue, not wearing crash helmet/seatbelt.. i don't believe you can appeal. The standard summons should be about RM70. So just go to any police station and pay.

     
  • At November 01, 2004 2:59 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    Alamak Gracie.
    Tolong lah Encik.. saya ni Colour Blind.. hehehehheh
    "Thou shalt note lie"

    Well go to the Traffic Police PJ New Town. Ask them if can appeal or not.

    How was Singapore?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home