The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Saturday, December 04, 2004

BlogAbout Trip 1

Long Silence after the first BlogAbout food.

I can't remember much from the trip. Am waiting for pictures from one of the Roadtrippers.
But let me try to recollect.

During the Thursday (11th Nov) nite dinner at Kuala Perlis, we had a some discussion how to get the gals over the Thai border.
Well it's not what you think. We were scheming.. err... planning to sell.. err introduce them to Haadyai. :)

Yeah the gals wanted to go over the border for the following 3 purposes
1. Shopping
2. Shopping
3. And guess what... MORE SHOPPING!!

Well, my dad.. the ever famous Uncle Peter @ Pope aka "Heng Tai" of Kangar.. *hi hi.. just kidding* made a few phone calls, spoke in English, Bahasa and Hokkien to make arrangments. At last after a couple of calls he made arrangements at the dinner table for a van to ferry the gals over the border.

The uncle (Ah Chai) who was gonna take them over the border to sell them.. err... give them a guided tour of a major bazaar and other shopping complex of Haadyai came over the next morning at 8am or was it 7am.

The 4 gals piled themselves in to the 10 seater very promptly after a light breakfast. I forgot what we had for breakfast. Maybe some bread and local fried mee hoon.

*you can read about some of the experiences of the gals .. posted by CoolGal at http://coolcatalyst.com *

The gals then left for Thailand. * I clapped hurrah!!! * Now I could go out with dad for a game of golf! ha ha ha ha.. well it's not like they'd have stopped me but I'd have felt guilty leaving them alone.

So I had a game of golf with my dad (1st 9 holes) then followed by 2nd 9 with my dad and his friend. We had fun!

The gals only got home at 9pm i reckon. They took some time to come home because they went out to withdraw money.. *indicative of a shopping frenzy*

Well they came back with dinner, packing some "Mee Juta" or as we call is "Million Dollar Mee".
There's a story why it's called Million Dollar Mee. *Saving it for another time*.. It's a northern version of Wan Tan Mee/Kwon Loh Mee.. the noodles are home made and thus very tasty and fresh.

The shop belongs to a church member of mine back in Kangar. Erhemm the guy's a cutie according to the gals.. ;) *correct me if I'm wrong*

Well.. after/during the dinner. 2 of the gals were dividing the "spoils of the day" after they had "raided" Haadyai. They paraded their new shoes, clothes, skirts and blouses. Which was actually a treat for my mom and dad. We were all quite tickled by it. They also took pictures and posed in their new attire. I don't think the gals would appreciate if I put their pictures on this blog.

Anyways, that's all for now. I hope to get the pictures soon so that it can jumpstart my memory to blog more about the trip.

Till then. PaulOS Blogging Off!








4 Comments:

  • At December 17, 2004 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh boy, finally!!!! Now I can post comments here and defend us gals from being inaccurately 'labelled' as neurotic shopaholics!! :D

    First of all, we did not raid Haadyai. Our booties or spoils from the shopping trip were very, very modest. You can hardly fill half a wardrobe with that.

    Secondly, we did not go on a shopping frenzy. We spent quite a decent amount of time eating and having fellowship with one another. Shopping was just a part of our wholesome itinerary. Really.

    Heh, better stop now before I sound overly defensive. Anyway, thanks for letting non-Blogspot users leave their trail of thoughts behind here, Paul!

    coolgal @ www.coolcatalyst.com

     
  • At December 21, 2004 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh...what picture....which picture???!!! I want nice nice-wan-ah.

     
  • At December 23, 2004 5:10 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    That anonymous really anonymous.. not sure who it was lar

     
  • At December 30, 2004 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehe... can't u guess from the way it was written? It's Rina leh and when I asked her, she confirmed it :)

    Coolgal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home