The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Red Wine Regurgitated!

Well, not by me at least. But my car smells of it right now.

Last nite after a 'yum-cha' (late nite coffee and tea) session with Joanne and Anson, I was about to get out of my car when Lisanne called me. at 1:28am.

As usual when people call at this time of the night it's usually an emergency. Well not entirely an emergency, but she needed help to get a colleague of hers home to his house. So, i just sensed that I should do it. If not who'd go at this hour?

When I arrived at her house (not far away) I saw somebody lying down on the grass pavement and he was surrounded by my friend and her colleagues.

My first question to them "Has he puked yet?"

... Silence..

and then they said "No"

Then I told them, he should puke first before he gets into the car. but don't think anyone heard me.

To cut the story short he was drunk and passed out. He was heavy, probably as heavy as me. Lisanne and her two colleagues were there. One of Lisanne's colleagues boyfriend was also there. Kah Yin, was "summoned" (out of his house) to the scene as well to help out.

So we tried to load the Unconscious Subject (henceforth known as UC) into UC's car. A nice old Honda Civic bearing a Penang number plate.

But since it was a 2 door it was a bit hard at first to load him in. Then the onlookers suggested that we put him in the back seat of my car. So, Kah Yin and I carried this guy and loaded him into the backseat of my car.

And as predicted moments later he "regurgitated" into the passenger seat of my car and into the back seat and onto the floormat of my car. I didn't even have time to put in some newspaper onto the floor of my car or any where. What could I do? Laugh lah! What else.. cry for what! Heh heh heh!

Anyways, we drove both cars to send UC home. We dropped off one of the colleagues home en route. We took the LDP to find UC's apartment somewhere in Kepong/Sungai Buloh area. We found the place without much difficulty.

We asked the guards for help. One of the guards named "Din" really helped us a lot. He talked to us about the guy and informed us that UC and wife went out. Therefore he indicated that there was a slim chance of find the wife at home.

While Kah Yin and I stood watch over UC and chatted with the guard, the 2 gals (colleagues of UC) tried to call for the wife but to no avail and didn't find anyone home. So I had to rummage thru UC's pants to get the keys. Got it without much difficulty. They entered the house looking for the wife.. No suprise.. No Wife!

So we asked the guard to help us find a wheel chair or something. But no such thing.. so he got us a wheelbarrow and lined it with cardboard. Amazing guard huh?
Anyways, we woke UC up got him to stand and plonked him in the wheelbarrow. Wheeled him into the lift and into his house and dumped him there. Left a message for his wife. (Incidentally we couldn't find a pen in the house so we wrote the note with an eyeshadow pencil first.. then suddenly found a pen)

So we then left him there locked the house threw the keys in and went back to my car and proceeded to clean up. One of the gals stood at a distance and didn't help clean. While Kah Yin myself and the other gal cleaned the car as best as we could. We lined the car with newspapers and cardboards. rolled down all the windows and I drove like fury. *Fast and Furious comes to mind.. but sadly my car ain't that great* reached home only at about 430 am and cleaned my car further.

On the way back Kah Yin came up with a statement "We should nominate the guard as 'Guard of The Year' . He was a good Samaritan" He was a Moslem and yet he didn't hesistate to help us to carry and hold UC who had alcohol puke all over him.
Makes me wonder how much I'd have complained etc, and I thought to myself, have I actually been a Good Samaritan to UC. Did I fork out the money to look after his well being at the inn? A month or 2's wages. Did I go the distance?

So the next morning I tried to get some ppl to help me with my car but really no one was available.. a sentence my mom once said to me came to my mind "You got so many friends there no one to help you ah?"

I dismissed the thought as a negative thought. People have their own things to do. So I left the house preparing to go Children's Church Christmas party, so I had to do all that within an hour. Send the car in for cleaning and make it on time for rehearsals before

So yeah got the car cleaned at this place, I had no time to figure out what to do as it was getting late, so I just told the guy to give a complete clean up of the car, polish it and wax it as well. Cost me a bomb!

So here I am wondering how much I am going to be reimbursed. Of course the way of the world would say that I should be reimbursed. But am I willing to just say "It's ok" and be that 'Good Samaritan'....

Well I don't think I am at that stage yet. I still do hope to be reimbursed to some measure. Money is not something that I have in abundance. But I pray that I will continue to grow in this area of generosity.

I must say that I am of 2 minds to think, why should I have helped them, but if I didn't help, would I have come to the realisation that I am still hesitant to become a Good Samaritan.

Lesson Learned:
1. Get a drunk guy to puke first before he gets into your car.
2. Line the car with lotsa plastic and paper if you get a drunk guy in your car
3. Try to look beyond the hardships and costs to meet the need.

PaulOS Blogging Off!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home