The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Revival!

It's not what you think.. heh heh.. Though I pray for more revival in the lives of those who are lukewarm in the faith..

However this Revival I am talking about is.. The Great Wedding Band Revival. It's been almost a year since we played together as a band at a wedding. When I say "we" I mean, my secular band. It consists of

1. Christopher Roland Ewely Khoo - Lead vocals, rhythm and lead guitar
2. Paul Sebastian - Bass and occasional backing vocals (resisting urging by many to sing)
3. Terence Chong - Lead Guitar dubbed "Super Slow Hand"
4. Sekhar Subramaniam - Keyboardist and goreng extraordinaire a.k.a Expert Bluffer
5. ?? - Drummer (always rotating in the past few years)

One of the reasons why we can't play or practise often is because we don't have a regular drummer. Anyways, our Keyboardist Sekhar is getting married this June. And he's asked us to play music.. the whole "shabang" as the term he used. So now, we're stucked! What songs do we play. We don't want to play the S.O.S (Same Old Stuff) again!

So now I implore your kind and resourceful minds to suggests songs for the band to play. Please put it in the comments. We'll then select the best of the list and then I promise if we get a VCD out, I'll give it to those that I meet, heh heh.. .

Thanks once again for your help. Shall (Edit) this entry when I have some more time.

Thank you all!!

6 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2005 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Methinks these songs will sound good on accoustic guitars:

    - To Make You Feel My Love - Garth Brooks
    - Don't Know Much - Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstant
    - Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
    - You Light Up My Life
    - You're My Inspiration - Chicago
    - We've Only Just Begun - Carpenters
    - Top of the World - Carpenters
    - Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley
    - Now and Forever - Richard Marx
    - Only You - Flying Pickets (Accapella)
    - You Decorated My Life - Kenny Rogers
    - Amazed - LoneStar

    and the most romantic of all...

    - All I Ask of You - Phantom!

    Coolgal

     
  • At January 31, 2005 4:06 PM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    Thanks coolgal. Anyone else?

    I was just listening to Glory Of Love - Peter Cetera.. good song.. no?

     
  • At February 02, 2005 8:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    --] i just want to be your everything [andy gibb]
    --] if [bread]
    --] until the end of time [innuendo]*
    --] at last [etta james]
    --] it might be you [steven bishop]
    --] the sweetest gift [sade]
    --] i won't last a day without you [the carpenters]

    * my personal fave

     
  • At February 03, 2005 9:09 AM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    Thanks HM...

    I just asked the groom.. he also said
    You to me are everything - The Real Thing
    Inspiration - Chicago

    Keep 'em coming guys!

     
  • At February 04, 2005 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will You Still Love Me - Chicago
    My Valentine - Martina McBride
    I finally found someone - Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adam
    I'll be loving you - New Kids On The Block
    Forever with you - Potrait & JY Park
    Dreaming of you - Selena

    I like this song. Not sure whether it's suitable for a wedding dinner perfomance or not hehe.

    We could be in love - Lea Salonga & Brad Kane

    Will list down more next time =))
    Musical

     
  • At March 03, 2005 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The First Time - by Surface

    it's a touching nice song for me :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home