The Trials, Victories & Adventures of Los PaulOS

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~ 1 John 4:18

Thursday, June 16, 2005

A Miracle In My Fridge... NOT!!

*I promise this will be a short blog*

Over the 3 - 5th June weekend, I went off to Lumut, Perak with a couple of my beautiful cell members and 1 Dew Crew member, we drove there early in the morning and had a great time at Damai Laut Resort. (As to what transpired there I'll reserve it for another blog)

So when I came home, I as usual opened my fridge door to get a drink of ice cool water!! It was so refreshing!!

As I continued to inspect the contents of the fridge my eyes strayed to the bottle of Vodka I left to chill in the fridge, because I like my "Screwdrivers" (Vodka and Orange Juice) icy-chilled.
I've had this bottle of vodka since last year June, which I bought (duty-free) on the way back from Cambodia. *erhem*

I had only opened it during my first Roti Jala party... Anyways, back to my eyes that strayed... and the Lo and Behold, what then "almost empty" is now "almost overflowing"... My first thought was "IT'S A MIRACLE".. ..

Then reality struck...
"Uh huh.. yeah Right!"..

So to lay my suspicions to rest, I twisted the bottle cap open, and took a whiff of the contents, it smelled like Vodka.. And my hopes went up again... "Maybe it's a miracle!!"
Well there's only one test to verify it.. "DRINK IT!"

I took a swig of it and to my dismay.. it was bland.. The Vodka had been VOD-TERED (watered) down. Immediately my mind scanned as to who the culprit was.

And, there was no doubt in my mind it was my Sarawakian housemate. I left a "non-accusing" note on a post it and stuck it to the fridge door. Just stating that it was actually vodka still in the bottle.

And she did 'fess up the next morning.

What did I learn?

I learnt .. not to be angry that someone poured water into my vodka, but firstly respond in faith, even though that's not the reality of it.. Look on the bright side of things, like "Praise The Lord, a miracle" but if it doesn't happen, so what ? I still chose to be cheerful and positive about it.

Give thanks in adversity, Give thanks even if people are thankless.
My housemate in the kindness and goodness of her heart meant well, to fill up water for us the rest of the housemates.

God Bless her.... .by the way she's since started joining us at cell group. Hallelujah!

Cheerios!

3 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2005 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Roti jala with vodka??? Can-meh?? Nice-meh?? ....... when-ah?? Anyway, when there's free food, CC and me would attack...hehe...so 'cholo'....I mean it's our pleasure to join the party.

     
  • At June 22, 2005 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea Paul, RC and CC never say no to free food :P

     
  • At June 22, 2005 11:40 AM, Blogger PaulOS said…

    It's ok.. will let you all know when the Roti Jala party will be on..

    btw. i got another bottle of Vodka already!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home